24.10.11

Never tickle a sleeping dragon

As we grow up we become attached to many things. Maybe it was a favorite blanket or stuffed animal when you were three. Later it might have been this awesome singer or CD at age 14. For some people (don’t understand this one) it could have been a boyfriend when they were 17.

For me it was Harry Potter.

I have been an avid Harry Potter fan for most of my life. At one point and time, it was my life. I’d read it over five times each, reading my favorites over and over. I marked the pages. I laughed, I giggled (not the same), I was angry, I cried. My sister and I would pass them back and forth. I remember knowing every fact about them.

It was Harry Potter that really fired my drawing up again. I started doodling the characters, all of them looking the same except for the hair. They had door shaped bodies, a round head, and stick legs. Eventually I became pretty proficient at art and it all started with HP.

Then something happened. I don’t know what happened, I guess I changed. I started to feel a little sick of it. I stopped reading the books and went inactive to the Harry Potter world. I remember telling Emma about this after the fact, how I was starting to realize I was moving on. I almost started crying!

Today I was talking to another avid HP fan about the books and about the movies. I talked to multiple people about it at once. It was just like old times. :) I am starting to feel the glow in my veins again…

I hope it doesn’t go away.

Love,

Emma—oops.

I mean Laura ( oh wait, she doesn’t write anymore! COME ON, LAUR!!!)

Mariah.

No comments:

Post a Comment