27.7.13

PANIC ATTACK

As if I am not stressing out enough due to the fact that I am speaking in front of people tomorrow, I just had the most horrible moment of my existence.

I had been working on completing my farewell talk this morning when I realized I had no idea where by scriptures were. I looked around every place I could have left them, but with no avail. So I notified my parents about my concern over my missing scriptures. But they were busy working on the house and said, well why don't you look were you last had them. Which I had! So I started stressing out to the tenth degree.

I ended up putting off finishing my talk so I could run my errands all across Utah. I came back eight hours later and went straight to finishing my talk. One major problem though. I still had no idea where my scriptures went! So instead of focusing on what I was writing all I could think about were these words that were running through my head:

"Seriously, who in the world loses their scriptures the day before their farewell! Emma, how completely un-together you must be!"

Huh, not really the kind of thoughts you want whirling in your head while you are writing a talk! So I went searching for my scriptures again. But this time it was the panic searching where you look in every completely unlikely spot in your house because you are so frazzled in where the thing must be! I was looking behind couches, underneath dirty dishes, and in every dark corner of my home. I went to my mother again for help, plus you know that your mom is the best finder of anything. Only she looked and couldn't find them either! So then I knew I was hopeless, cause if yo mamma can't find it, ain't nobody finding it. 

Well, to keep this story short, a miracle was sent to me! I was directed right to the place of their current dwelling. My nieces had been playing house and for some unknown reason they had stuffed my scriptures in a purse and left it in my mom's office. A room I only go in biannually. 

Well, now if I can just calm down, I will go finish my talk. Technically looking at time amount I am done. It is only to be 10-15 minutes. But with just my introduction and conclusion I am at 12.... Thus is my life. So now I get to shorten and write up a storm! Then tonight I will be posting my farewell post, for tonight will be my last personal post for a year and a half! 

Love you lots!
Life is stressful, but at least it is interesting. 
And shout out to my nieces! I love you! And I love that you love my scriptures! But next time.... Return them afterwards please! They are very dear to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment