26.2.12

My Sketch Books

Wanna see the metamorphosis of my sketchbooks?

Too bad.

I will show you anyway.

Yeah, that’s right.

harry-potter-come-at-me-bro

312

This first one is from 2007, when I first really loved LOVED Harry Potter. It inspired my journey.313

Here’s a version of HP from about that time.319I started to like Twilight a year or so later, but HP was still my focus! This is Bella, I believe, circa 2008. Haha. I was a fan of creating dramatic hair shine, long necks, and eyes in general.346

I started listening to music and replying with doodles and sketched around this time (2009).348 In 2009 I also played a game called Psychonauts, which inspired my cartooning to go in a whole new direction for a little bit. It was really fun creating the oddest characters. The faces are especially satisfying to create. Smile349

A 2009 sketch of my neice, Alyvia. It didn’t really look like her, but it was still fun.322

This is from a sketch book I got in 2010. I set out to draw what I read in HP 7 as I read it again. This is Ron when he was holding the locket forever long and went all emo. Winking smile I actually really like this version of Ron. It’s how I imagine him. Harry has been harder for me to capture.323

I was frustrated with movie Harry, hence this comic from 2010.328

Then AP Art came and kicked my butt. I didn’t have a lot of time to sketch cartoonish things like I used to. I got more into traditional art, which really helped me out. I also started to branch out with all mediums. Oils, acrylics, pen and ink, watercolor, pastels, you name it. Smile331

I painted/sketched this as a response to Billy Collins’ “On Turning Ten,” which is a lovely poem. 333

I have just recently started to get ideas for paintings and such, and I have created thumb nails for them. Here is an idea I am going to be working on probably during the summer, or hopefully before then. It came from Job 38:4-7.335

Just getting back into cartoon drawing. Some of these still bug me.. I know I have much to improve on still, and yet I can look back and see I have progressed immensely. Here’s to a long future of art. May we use our talents to further the kingdom of the Lord. Smile We have them for a reason, you know.

--Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment