10.6.12

LIFE ROCKS!

I love Sundays! Especially when I use my Sundays wisely and correctly!

Today I dove into a book by John Bytheway! Such a great author, especially for the youth. His small but wonderful book I am reading is called "Life Rocks!- How Firm Is Your Foundation?"

I have loved reading this quick but uplifting read. I will be able to finish it the same day I began it!
I love reading uplifting books on Sunday. I received some wonderful guidance in its pages that I needed and I would like to share it with you!
          "Sometimes life comes at you in waves. What is the safest thing to do when a big wave is   coming? Oddly enough, the safest thing to do is go right at it. Turn your canoe so that it's pointing at the wave, and paddle towards it. If you try to run from it or turn sideways, the wave will tip you over. In the same way, the safest way to navigate the sea of life is to go right at it. Have a plan, set a course, and get moving. You know the purpose of life, but you must also come to know the purpose of your life. The gospel gives us the plan!"

This paragraph gave me wonderful insight of the attitude and direction I should be maintaining in my life. I love how words that seem so perfect for you can come right at the direct moment you need them most. I now have an idea of what I should be doing with my life right now.

Specifically special to me was the phrase "GO RIGHT AT IT". I feel that with in this coming week I need to go right into my new adventure and push away any hindering thoughts that I may have been allowing to occupy my mind. This is my next step and I should use it as a mighty stepping stone not a stumbling block. I am not sure why I was letting the next step of my growing up scare me so, if I am scared then I won't be prepared to be in a place where I can benefit from it. I need to go straight at it with enthusiasm!

Well guys and gals! I am back! Now I am going to make a request for Laura the Guitar to write about her Florida experience and I want to hear from Mariah all the productive things she will be making for her coming adventure of college!
I know all you agree!
Emma
Spelling.... 4

No comments:

Post a Comment