14.12.12

The Hobbit, or There and Back Again

Now I am a blogging machine!! I am in the saddle again!

I went and saw a glorious movie today, or yesterday (and back again) (ahaha, Hobbit joke) (not that clever, though) (sorry) (but get over it) (are the parenthesis annoying yet?).


Reasons this is a great movie:
  • Beautiful scenery
  • Beautiful people (Hello, Elves. I love you.)
  •  Wonderful music
  • Inspiring thoughts, so sort of thought-provoking if you ponder about it
  • Symbolism=awesomeness
  • Quotable
  • Funny
  • Made me want to watch LOTR
  • It's the Hobbit
  • The Hobbit was written by J. R. R. Tolkien
  • ELIJAH WOOOOOOD!!!!!!! (Ahem, please excuse my sudden outburst of sunshine.)
  •  The beginning.  It was a perfect tie-in for LOTR
  • Peter Jackson, the director of the LOTR movies
Reasons this is a not so great movie:
  • CGI was really weird sometimes
  • Did not seem like the book I read
  • Benedict Cumberbatch was not featured
  • What was with the story arc about the albino dude?  Whaaat??
  • Made Gollum more funny than he is in the book 
  • Made up parts of it
  • Bilbo was supposed to figure out Sting's awesome prowess by himself
  • Bilbo did not try to defend Thorin
  • What was with the ending? Gaaaaaaah, noooo.
Things I would add to the Hobbit to make it one bajillion times better:
  • More elves
  • Orlando Bloom (they could have fit him in. ... Somehow.)
  • Benedict Cumberbatch
 So, these are my thoughts and you should read the Hobbit and then go see it. :)

Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment