10.12.12

The Currant Bush

I was talking to somebody today about a class they had taken this semester that was particularly hard for them.  She told me how a friend of ours had said it was such an easy class, and that she should take it.  My friend was surprised when it actually turned out to have more work than she had expected.  I do this real awful or real awesome (depending on the goodness of fit of the pair of us as friends) (or if that didn't make sense, depending on what style of listener one likes best) habit of offering my ideas as to what can make something better.  It really all stems from me trying my best to find a solution that would help.  Well, I did this and now my friend is a little annoyed with me. 

"Maybe the class wasn't meant to be easy for you."  I sort of was thinking about how there is something to be learned in the struggle of things.  Maybe it wasn't the best time to say that, because finals are stressful and my friend is lacking on sleep. Haha

She replied emphatically, "Not everything is meant to be, Mariah."  This friend sort of shoots me down whenever I try to offer suggestions, which was really grinding on my gears. 

I was quiet for a moment or two, and sat in my chair a little hurt.  I questioned whether or not I should be offended by this.  I got a little angsty as I thought of all the times my life has worked out because of my Father in Heaven and how quite literally everything was meant to be.  I responded in a rapid manor and with emotion.  "Everything is meant to be--Heavenly Father is in the details of our lives."

Just now as I type this I feel like I shouldn't have been as emotional as I was about that.  Also, I don't feel I have fully explored the "meant to be" thing.  I really do not believe we have a path that will work out no matter what we do.  I know that if I make certain choices, certain things will happen.  I pick up one end of the stick, and the other comes with.  I can't do things I know I should not do and be happy.  Stuff like that.  Yet I also know that even when I make mistakes, or even when things don't work out at first, that they will!  I know that things will work out.  I believe that things are meant to be.  I believe that Heavenly Father has a plan and He knows what He wants me to be. 

 

If I am meant to be a currant bush, He will help me to have a life that will give me the opportunity to get there.  This isn't to say that no matter what I choose, I will be a currant bush.  I just mean that He will place specific events, specific trials, specific people into my life and I can do what I like with those things.

Today I choose to be a currant bush.

Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment