22.5.13

Life at teh Momento

Emma... you know how I do the P instead of the first initial of someone's name? (DANG, my secret is out.) Well, if I did mine, it would be Pariah! ha, um, it is a good thing that I just go by Mariah on here.

So, life.

Life is going pretty perfectly right now.  I am working at Subway - or Pubway, although it isn't a pub.  That has been really nice, but sometimes boring.  We are right by a bay, and so we get a lot of customers in the summer.  Now, the beginning of summer right after a recent oil spill at said bay?  Not so much.  This means cleaning, cleaning, organizing, and prepping.  Oh, and cleaning.  I can't complain!  I have a job with some cool people!  And I get to make sandwiches!  Today I made someone's Philly steak and cheese sandwich, and he told me that it was the best looking sandwich he has ever gotten at a Pubway, and that it was just like his ma was making it at home!  I thought that was sweet.  So the fact that I get to make awesome sandwiches is a plus.  A minus? Truckers calling me "cutie" all the time. hahaha

I have to say, too, that I am in love with my room right now.  Why? I have a million pillows and it is really orderly at the moment, and bright and cheery and AWESOME!  I have definitely learned, too, that my room is what I make it!  I like thinking that my room is a temple of sorts for me; a place where I can ponder, pray, and understand what my Father wants me to learn and do.  I know that this is true for the home in general.

ALSO -- where will I go on my mission?  It still doesn't feel real to me because I don't have a mission call, but I am trying harder to prepare.  It has been impressed upon me that I need to work hard so that I am more fit for the Lord's work!  As I prepare more, I feel more ready and excited.  I think that the idea of a mission scares the crap out of me, so I haven't been as vocal about my excitement as others.  I know that a mission is right for me, and I am really excited to share the gospel.  But I guess I am just a fearful little ant!  But, you know, I was scared for college before I went--and now I miss college so much and love the experiences I had and the people I met!  BYU is a school of learning.  So is the temple.  So is a mission.  I know that I must let my faith trump the fear.  Because, hello, I am not doin' this alone!

Guess who we have on our side?

Our Savior!  He is pretty much the coolest ever!

Well, adios, amigos.
Mishamigos.

--M

No comments:

Post a Comment