29.5.13

You're Something Special

I wanted to share a post from my mission prep blog (mariahsmissionprep.blogspot.com) tonight.  I just think it is so true and it makes me so happy!  Read if ye dare! ARRrrr

I am reading in Preach My Gospel chapter 11, "Keep Commitments." 

In Treasure Planet, the 2002 Disney movie, there is a part where Jim and John Silver the Cyborg are on their space-boat.  Though really at no fault of his own, a crew member was lost when the mooring that Jim had tied came undone, killing said crew member. (So not Jim's fault, as an evil dude really cut it.) Just when Jim thought he was on the crest of realizing his dreams, he makes this momentous mistake. John Silver is conflicted, because he honestly believes in Jim and is starting to see him as a son but he doesn't want his pirate buddies to think he's "gone soft."  Anyway,  John listens to his soft side and tells Jim that he can just see him shining, that one day he would blow everyone away.  Jim believes Silver, and most importantly, believes in himself again.



 
I read D&C 76:5-10 tonight.

For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end.
Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.
And to them will I reveal all mysteries, yea, all the hidden mysteries of my kingdom from days of old, and for ages to come, will I make known unto them the good pleasure of my will concerning all things pertaining to my kingdom.
Yea, even the wonders of eternity shall they know, and things to come will I show them, even the things of many generations.
And their wisdom shall be great, and their understanding reach to heaven; and before them the wisdom of the wise shall perish, and the understanding of the prudent shall come to naught.
For by my Spirit will I enlighten them, and by my power will I make known unto them the secrets of my will—yea, even those things which eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor yet entered into the heart of man.


I imagined Heavenly Father looking at us that way, seeing how one day we would shine and would be so wise.  All because of Him. I can just imagine Him being so happy when we get closer to recognizing our greatness. He tries to help us see it all the time.

Until next time,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment