3.6.13

Leave Good For Great

Hello!

News update from EmRo coming your way! Hurray!

Today my mother's "Tucker" showed.... But I am going to leave that story at that. Though I do love to see her Tucker. I wonder how much Tucker is in me.

Well in other news, it is summer!! For all you grade school peeps. Haha.... Now it does feel more like summer for me too. I think I am going to get my hair wet tomorrow.

On a more serious note I have been trying to think deeply lately, which is a bit bothersome cause some questions just seem so confusing. Luckily I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and through this amazing gospel I find answers even to the most troublesome questions. Today  I want to highlight a quote that I am understanding more and more each day. "True doctrine, understood, changes attitude and behavior." President Boyd K. Packer. I am deeply thankful for this quote. Though it looks simply, this small phrase is immensely profound. It is the key to a lot of questions that are currently boggling my mind. This quote has served me in many ways. It has helped me to be more patient and understanding to those who are missing true doctrine. I think sometimes I am too quick to get frustrated with those around me and myself when all we just need is some help seeing the wisdom of the principle. Also it helps me to realize the definite need for personal testimony and experimenting on God's words. See Alma 32 in the Book of Mormon! I know that I am thankful for every bit of doctrine I have come to understand. When I come to an understanding I am blessed. Standards don't seem burdensome once I take the time to test principles and come to understand them, rather I realize their potential to bless me in countless ways. Understanding doctrine is GREAT! It brings a whole new level to my life.

So, "Today, leave good for great!" {Listen to Matt and Kim's song "Leave Good for Great" though it isn't completely related I love knowing that we can choose to leave good for something greater!}

Love, Ems
P.s. I hope this post makes sense! Sometimes I wonder if I make any sense at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment