19.6.10

Girls Camp 2010!

Hello! This is Mariah typing. I just got back from girls camp this morning. I was very very tired, which is expected. How is it that at Girls Camp we can be so tired? one may ask. Well it all consists of careful proceedings. For instance, our door was left open on the tent and we were freezing our toes off all night (why we didn’t get up and shut it I don’t really know). Then we stayed up very, very late the next night. A few girls and I tried to think of pranks for the leaders, but they were all sleeping and way tired.

But on the bright side of things, the second night was testimony meeting around the camp fire. That’s always my favorite part. I listened to what each person was trying to express. I could feel how close the things they said were to their heart and their very beings. That it was something that had truly changed their lives. I felt the spirit that night testify of the love God has for each of His children. I find it so amazing that I can mess things up and trip over some of my same weaknesses, but that Heavenly Father still loves me. The Savior still loves me and has atoned so I could repent and be rid of the lasting guilt I feel. It reminds me of the hymn, I Stand All Amazed. (Check out the link because it’s a great song)

If anyone on here is searching for the truth and has stumbled on this page, please consider the divine intentions of the Father. That there must be a reason you are here now. That He is trying to reach you and wants to let you know He loves you.

I have a testimony that God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ live. They are not in past tense! They live! They do love you, and they love me. I know we are spirit children of our Heavenly Father and that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He atoned for us even when it caused Him so much anguish. Love overcomes all, truly. I do stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. Often I am confused, and I can feel His love envelope me and testify that the answer is that He loves us! He was obedient to the Father and volunteered to be our Savior on earth. I do know that the only true church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that the prophet Thomas S. Monson is the true prophet today and receives revelation for the church from God. I have received this testimony because I asked through prayer what was right. I asked for His spirit to be with me as I read the Book of Mormon, as I kept His commandments and as I tried to understand. I have truly been blessed as a result. :)

I would like to close my blog post in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment