7.6.10

LIFE and what it is all about.

Dearest readers,

Emma speaking. Again. Wow is it my turn to be the super blogger?





Well today I wanted to tell you about life. Plus all the ingredients it takes to make it the wonderful world of our being. Today, I guess, is the first official day of summer. At least that is the report on facebook. I have a horrid cold. Which is okay because I do not have to worry about school and I could have just taken today to rejuvenate. Yet LIFE does not always play out picture perfect. At eight in the morning my mom came into my room. Not too early, except I had planned to sleep in longer. She said "Emma it would be a good time to wake up for three reasons. 1 You have summer house chores to do. 2 You have the ACT to study for. Oh and 3 One of your bunnies mysteriously got out. Now your cat is tormenting it as they chase each other around the pool." I awoke immediately, jolted out of bed. My mom continued "Emma, there is no need to rush. What could happen?" What could happen!!!! My cat could get hungry, there is a hole in my fence and I could lose my bunny forever, there are birds that could carry it away, and neighboring dogs could jump over the fence! Okay I was over reacting a bit because I have not really been getting the right of amount of sleep. So I went to my backyard and there is my bunny flying on the ground with my cat right behind. Great thing that my cat really is a kindred spirit and would not hurt a bunny. Yet my morning had just began.



I ran straight outside, without foot protection. My cat, who loves me dearly came right to me. I first went to investigate if the gap in the fence was covered. No it was not. So I got my fire place lid and covered it. Then I started to see if the bunny would just come to me as the cat did. Remember I am deprived of sleep. No free bunny would come running to me, to just be put in a cage. After 10 minuets of no such luck, I called for back up. My mom. Yet my mom is not an animal person. In fact it is very strange that I have the pets I have. She has even threatened that if I get another pet she would move out. I requested for her help. She replyed saying "I have to do some work inside." and "I don't want to touch the creature.". Yet reluctantly she came to my aid. Then went straight to weeding. I was floored, I needed help! Reviewing this makes me laugh so hard. Well she began to tell me about if I would rather be weeding or chasing my bunny here and there. Uh I would rather weed! I would believe she too would rather weed. Hence why she was pulling the weeds at that moment. Then as I continued to chase the bunny, now with appropriate shoes, she warned me not to step anywhere there were weeds. Well that was virtually impossible. Well I did something I usually do not like to do. I gave up. So my bunny and cat played. In the end of their play date my cat was more afraid then the bunny. I do occasionally let my bunnies out. When my brother-in-laws are here, they have a funny competition trying to catch them. I have a bunny catching device at hand for times like this, but of course my parents had cleaned the garage just the Saturday before and I did not know where it was to be found. So I had my mom call my dad to see if he knew where it could be. When she finally reached him at his work her conversation went like this "I have three reasons why I am calling you" (Again with the three reason). "1 Since we switched to Utopia our phones have been doing weird things." I called out saying BUNNY!!!! BUNNY IS THE SUBJECT AND REASON FOR THE CALL!!! Onward with her conversation "2nd reason: I have a lot of yard work planned to do today, I hope to get things done, with all my new free time" I said! BUNNY, WE NEED TO FOCUS ON THE BUNNY! Then Mom said " Oh and 3rd the bunny is in the yard, where is the catching contraption." You can see where my mother's prioritize are. HAHA my mom is the best. She makes me laugh all day long. Yet during the whole ordeal I did not think it to be so funny. Yet with sleep and writing my story, I have realized just how funny it really is. In the end, after a hour or so, the bunny was safe and sound in his cage. I don't understand why it would rather hop around freely in the open air, then stay in its two roomed house. Just tricking as my niece would say. Hey I wonder how long my bunny was out!

So that is my life for you. At least one strand in the quilt of my life, so remeber. Life does not always follow writing rules. Yet it never stops leaving you smiling at the end of the day.
SO LIVE LONG AND PROSPER,
EMMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment