12.3.12

Home

When I got home today something wonderful happened. :) Not surprising, because I do this particular thing every day, and I will for the rest of my life. Any guesses?

I read my scriptures! In particular, I read Ether chapter 6. This has got to be one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. In it is described a people who are commanded by the Lord to build a ship the Lord's way, gather friends and food, and set sail for a promised land. The ship they build is airtight, so it can go under water. For air to get in (they do need to breathe) there is a stopper on top and bottom. Anywho.

There are rocks that Christ made shine so as to give them light. When the wind blows and they are under water, it doesn't have to seem hopeless. They still have light, and they still have each other. "...when they were encompassed about by many waters they did cry unto the Lord, and he did bring them forth again upon the top of the waters." (Ether 6:7) All the while tey where being driven towards the promised land.

When the trials seem to be blowing like a fierce wind, when we feel we are suffocating in our ships, or we are Lost on a large sea of despair, we can take comfort that the Lord is always here for us. He will carry us. He will light our path if we let Him, and if it is right. When we feel buried and lost He will shine in the darkness. He will be there.

And we will land in our own promised lands, you know. How wonderful it will be to hear Him welcome us home.

Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment