25.3.12

The Best Feeling

I started going to my dad’s house every weekend last year. I had this feeling that I needed to. It was right. I kept feeling tempted not to go. I also kept feeling I should go.  I didn’t know why until yesterday.

Yesterday, my brother was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I never thought this would happen! I guess I assumed he was not the LDS type. Was I wrong. How foolish of me! The Savior, I have learned, is for everyone. There is no ‘type’.

Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;”

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 18:10)

I want to share with you guys the joy that comes from sharing the gospel with others. Last year we had a most excellent scripture mastery that I have always loved.
 

The verse above, and also these:

And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 18:15 - 16)

I knew this was true, but never before have I felt this most wonderful feeling in my heart. The true joy of bringing someone to the gospel! That being said, I don’t feel I can take credit for it all. I tried my best to keep my standards whenever I was at dad’s, but other than that, I didn’t actively do much to get him to join the church. He sought it himself. He asked for the missionary lessons. I set them up. What rapture I am filled with just knowing I could have a part, though!

I tell people my brother got baptized and they say “Oh, cool.” THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW COOL THIS IS. He will be the second priesthood holder in my whole family. The other was my grandfather, who died when I was four. I am so grateful to him for bringing the gospel to my family. How great his joy must be! Because of him there will be countless souls for us to rejoice with when we get home.

I am SO excited to serve a mission someday! This settles it!

Please, try your best to live the gospel wherever you go. Please, share the gospel. Refer your friends to the missionaries. Bare your testimony often. It is one sure way your faith will grow. Believe. Obey. Endure. Smile Good luck.

Challenge: Pray today and this week for a missionary moment. Whether it is a small hello and an extendation of friendship, a “wanna go to church with me this Sunday?” or a “I am sorry, but I don’t do that. It isn’t right.” You can be a missionary!

Much love today,

Mariah

You are welcome. :)

P.S. Shout out to Penny! (Name changed for privacy) Saw her today and haven’t for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment