21.10.12

Home and the Memories Therein

I am home for the weekend in my lovely little town of wonders.  It is truly a great feeling to be home.  I feel stressed for some reason, and I am in a particularly reminiscent mood.  If you want to join in, listen to the music videos below.

So I had this pile of miscellaneous things that I took out of a shoebox (what, I needed the shoebox.), and it was on the ground bugging me by it's messiness.  I picked up some of the items and memories rushed back to me.  I may or may not have teared up violently when I picked up a movie stub from 2005 when I went and saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  Then I found my yellowing receipt for Deathly Hallows, and I still honestly cannot believe I payed 22.35 for it, because it is worth way more than that to me.  Way more.

 I found some notes from my best friends in 7th grade, and even a picture of my very best friend then, McKell.  We went to see almost all of the Harry Potters together.  I will be forever grateful for her. I even found one of the first notes that Emma wrote to me.  One of the first things she asked? "Do you like swimming?"  I found the letters Kemy, TiA, and Emma wrote to me when I didn't get to buy my yearbook.
 I found the cairn I made at girls camp to remind me to live a virtuous life.  My scrapbooks from those girls camps.  My Camp Rock balloon that I had laughed at (I secretly liked Camp Rock. Shhh).  I even found my very first cell phone!  And one of my favorite things?  An invitation my grandma sent me to see if I would go see Nancy Drew with her.  It was a magical day.  I have a magical grandma. Anyway.

I just want to say: Where in the crap did all of the time go?  I remember being in 7th grade and talking to my friends about liking this kid, or code naming the cutest guys.  I remember touring Brigham with Laura in 10th grade.  I remember walking to school for many years with my Penny and Penni!  It even feels like a really long time since I was accepted to college.  I was so worried.  Ha.

Now I am visiting my room that I hardly sleep in anymore (and is still messy from packing!).   Sorry if this reminiscent stuff is bringing you down.  Dang.

Well, new memories are being made every day!

Love,
Mariah


No comments:

Post a Comment