31.10.12

Halloween and Happiness

I have to say that as I do homework, nothing helps more than General Conference and its wonderful spirit!  It is such a balm.  So needed right now for me.  If you want to watch or listen or read some great talks, go to gc.lds.org.  Also, I love love love this song.

Please listen!

 

Now, I have a thought for you today.

The Fellowship Of The Unashamed

"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tinted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am lifted up in prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed, will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table with the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the case of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me and when He returns for His own He will have no problem recognizing me."

Love this. Also, it is generally unknown who actually wrote this. Some say it was written by a young Zimbabwe missionary who was martyred for his faith.  Either way, we are living for the gospel and our faith now, right?  I am trying to.  I can't say I have attained this, but I can say it is inspiring me to try. <3 p="p">
On another note, I got to talk to Kemy for 45 minutes today! It was awesome!

Love,
M

P.S.The other day I dressed in my HP attire and I was feelin' it. I was in the HP groove.



 Not an hour later, Emma texted me and told me to go to Jamba because it was a HP festival over yonder! I went, and to my surprise it was so awesome! They had little paper candles hanging from the ceiling and blue paper all over the ceiling as well, in order to simulate the Great Hall's enchanted ceiling.  Also, when they called out orders they called us by HP names! I was Professor Slughorn.  Although, Kemy is Prof Slug, because she is in Emma's and my phones like that. So.  I AM AN IMPOSTER!  I told the lady who wrote Prof Slughorn down (it was randomly assigned, btw) that I didn't know how to make horcruxes.  She didn't get it.

 See how cool?  They told me I should work there since I had my HP wear goin' on. Yeah, they wish. ;D
These were our two second costumes.
Me with Audrey. She is a ballerina, but you can't see her awesome bun or tutu, which were AWESOME!
This is just a treat.
Look, someone dressed as Bob Ross on campus. Sha-weet!

Last picture, I promise!  Mine is the HP one!






No comments:

Post a Comment