2.4.13

College and Fairytales That Don't Live Up to Real Life


College was like a romantic comedy for me.
Not because I have an adorable and awkward love life where I meet a cute curly-haired boy and fall in love and we are both hipsters and want to save the world together and have our first kiss on a ferris wheel (not that I have actually seen a romantic comedy like that).  No, not because of any of that (ha, I wish). 
Ferris wheels are the best.  Also, Benedict Cumberbatch.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mamzrmCpAL1qk7iqpo1_500.jpg

I guess college is like a romantic comedy because I thought all of this grand novel-like happenings would occur and I would be magically adult-ized.  Just like the way society makes love look a certain way (perty glamorous and magical), college has its own myths.
I am alright with that, because I have grown in so many ways.  I have learned to be more open, more trusting, and more compromising.  I have made some of the greatest friends here.  I am just glad that the ride is continuing.  I look forward to see the surprises that occur.  I never would have thought that Ali would be one of my best friends, or that I would meet so many of the people I know now, experience so many diverse activities, etc.  I just love all of the pleasant surprises.  You might say that in a way they are even better than those little fairy tales we hear.  :)
 Our Father in Heaven is in the details of our lives. :)
Penni is coming soon! Woohoo!
Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment