21.5.10

Another blog post from a school computer

Hey, bloggers!
Laura here, again!
I just finished my bio core test and now I have nothing to do.
There is still 15 minutes until school gets out.
So I'm gonna write a post for you guys.
I feel kind of sick right now but I don't know why.
And it's really frustrating.
My brother is going to get his tonsils out soon.
So, in honor of that, I'm going to write down the story of how I got my tonsils out.
Not that any of you care... I just need something to write for the next few minutes.
When I was a baby/toddler I got sick all the time.
Way way way way sick.
And one time when I was 3 years old I had tonsillitis and strep throat and pneumonia and something else all at the same time.
So my dad and my home teacher gave me a blessing and the next day I went to see Dr. Matthews and he told my parents that I needed to get my tonsils out.
So, a couple weeks later I went to the hospital.
I remember them making me change into the hospital gown and I didn't like it.
Then they gave me a coloring book... it had pictures of this bear in it and at the bottom of each picture it explained the process of getting your tonsils out. I guess it's supposed to make you not be scared or something. Here is how it goes, I think:
"You're going to get your tonsils out today! The doctors are nice and want you to be healthy. They will make you go to sleep and take your tonsils out. You won't feel it at all! When you wake up, you will get to talk to your doctor. He might even give you a teddy bear! Then, you get to go home and eat ice cream!"
Yeah, dumb, huh?
So, I got this coloring book and started coloring it.
I only had it for like 5 minutes and then it was time to go to surgery so they took it away from me and that made me mad.
And then they told me they were going to put me to sleep and they gave me the anesthesia.
I didn't believe it would actually make me go to sleep, and I remember thinking, as they wheeled me into the OR, "I'm not going to fall asleep. I feel just fine."
Then we went into the OR and I saw all the scalpels and stuff and got way scared for like 10 seconds
and then I fell asleep.
Then I woke up.
And my throat hurt a ton.
And the doctor made me drink this HUGE thing of juice before he would let me go home.
And the juice stung my throat.
And then they didn't give me a teddy bear because my parents are too cheap to buy stuff in the hospital gift shop.
Then we went home
and I didn't get any ice cream.
El fin!
I'm kind of surprised that I remember all this... I was only 3 when it happened.
But the good thing about it is that I don't get sick much anymore... like, I get colds and stuff sometimes but I haven't gotten anything else at all.
Four minutes until school gets out.
I'm gonna sign out.
I will post something else later.
<3
Laura
P.S.
I am super mad at Mr. Spencer because he won't sing me a song. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment