16.9.11

Today

Today was slow, tortuous, and momentous, all at the same time. I woke up to a sore and swollen throat. I wouldn’t have woken up in time for school at all had it not been for that swollen and scratchy throat. I guess I should be grateful. –_- I woke up late and had to rush out the door.

College Day was today, which was awesome! I have gained some great insight, and I feel pumped for College. I know it’ll be hard, but I can do hard things. I liked BYU-I the best out of the three sessions I had. The spirit was great as I listened. I want to go down to see what it’s like. I have a great friend there who is really enjoying it right now. I am so glad she’s there--it’s the right place to be.

I feel like I am too big for this High School now.

outgrowing the house 

I feel like me, but a different version of me. I look around in the halls and it feels like I am back at the middle school. I feel like the kids are small, immature, and confused. I can see now how preoccupied I was with trying to ‘fit in’. I mean, I wasn’t starving myself to be beautiful or buying the latest trends, but I was subconsciously monitoring myself. It feels sad now. I can see how the boys think they’re on top of the world when they are in charge and in their ‘prime’. I can see it all and it makes me uncomfortable. I wish that they could know that High School isn’t their whole life, and that they aren’t what everyone thinks they are or have.

Ok so I was talking about how I was subconsciously trying to fit in. Back on that note. This year I have sort of found out who I am. I am okay with being weird and being me. I am okay knowing I am different. I am more than okay with all of this-- actually, I am FREE! It is such a great feeling to not care what others think. I LOVE IT.

Choose today to be yourself.

Love,

Mariah

2 comments:

  1. Love you! Come stay with me!!!!! I would love to have you! I could give you the grand tour and you can get a chance to feel how amazing it really is. You are not weird. You're beautiful. I love who you are and if you ever think about changing, I'll pound you! Go drink more hot chocolate and get feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too! :) YEAAAAH! I am so glad you said that bit about visiting you, because I would LOVE TO! How would we do that?

    This comment made my day. ^-^

    ReplyDelete