17.8.10

Mariah’s Rantings!

Today has been pretty good.

I got up at six thirty from sleeping on the tramp with my mom (she tried to sleep out there with only one thin quilt, and I had to teach her how to do it) and went on a walk. :) Morning walks are really fun. Except my mom and I kept getting “alien looks” from the people who were driving.

I quote from Ray Bradbury’s The Pedestrian,

“Sometimes he would walk for hours and
miles and return only at midnight to his house. And
on his way he would see the cottages and homes with
their dark windows, and it was not unequal to
walking through a graveyard where only the faintest
glimmers of firefly light appeared in flickers behind
the windows. Sudden gray phantoms seemed to
manifest upon inner room walls where a curtain was
still undrawn against the night, or there were
whisperings and murmurs where a window in a tomblike
building was still open.”

I HAVE BEEN WALKING WITH MUMMIES IN THEIR TOMBLIKE CARS—UNABLE TO IMAGINE THE WONDERS OF A WALKING YOUNG WOMAN!

I am going to see a movie tonight and maybe decide to charge my phone. Maybe… :)

Love, Mariah

A great song I cannot get out of my noggin.

No comments:

Post a Comment