3.8.10

Amazing Times

For two weeks my family and I have the pleasure of having a foreign exchange student at our house! I am so excited and pleased she’s here. Her English is limited, so I find myself gesturing when I talk a lot of the time. I don’t know if I will be able to get out of the habit! ;)

She’s shown me the wonders of origami, paper balloon balls, and fish (although fish is not that wonderful and makes my stomach curl).

Today she put an okata (spelling??) or kimono on me! It was so cool. I felt Japanese for a moment! I would not be able to wear it for a long time though. :S The Japanese have such a unique culture!

Today Laura, Yuriko, and I toured our city. It was great! HOT, but great.

Just a quick side note, I love prayer! Try it guys, it works.

“And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing.  For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray ye would know that ye must pray; for the devil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.
  But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.”

(Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 32:8 - 9)

See you later!

Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment