19.8.10

Take My Advice, Please!

So… Let me-uh-tell-yuh what happened.

I am a friend of Disney on Facebook, ¿si? Yes. Today they posted a beautiful picture of Rapunzel from the new Disney movie, Tangled. I loved it!

The only problem being her impossibly thin waist! What’s up with that? I voiced my opinion on how little kids take that image in their mind and want to be like that. All these people started to saw it’s “stylized” and “art”. Now, I know it’s stylized. That doesn’t make it right. As an artist myself, I understand the power of the pencil. Art can make people cry, laugh, love, hate. It can certainly change how one sees herself/himself.

Some people tried to tell me to “stop whining”. Now, I will tell the whole world right here I will never stop saying what needs to be said! :)

Now I will leave my soapbox. … To get on another one.

It’s okay not to be skinny! Healthy is good, but skinny doesn’t mean healthy. I wish I could tell those little girls (and even boys nowadays) that they don’t need to fit the mold. We can do whatever we want because we are just that cool. I want to tell them never to underestimate themselves! Even when some may tell them, “Dear, you’re just too fat.” or “You can’t possibly do that.”

BECAUSE WE CAN DO IT. Think about those things you want to do in life. Think about the things that make you happy—and live them. Do them. Be them! Be you! And don’t think of what others think should be included in ‘you’. This is YOU we’re talking about. Not Ashley, or Stacey or Brad Pitt! Not those girls who make fun of you! Where are they going anyway? You can’t answer that question because you don’t know. But we know where you’re going! You are going somewhere great when you are following your dreams and growing to be a better version of you with your own standard of the “American Dream”. We are the dreams, baby.

*sigh* okay, I am done now.

Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment