3.8.12

Happenings of a Recent Nature!

Welp, I am blogging from my phone today! Always fun! :)

So, I leave for school on August 22nd, and boy am I excited! I am getting a bit more nervous as the date approaches and I think about it more. Ah, it is quite wracking to my nerves. ...

BUT!! Emma and I will be in the same building and floor! That is exciting! :) We are going to have a lot of fun. I bet she will be an immense help, too.

I wasn't going to stay in Helaman Halls because it is so stinking expensive, but recently everything has been pointing that way. It is amazing how the Lord works His will out even if I don't know about it or don't think that it is His will. If that makes sense. Nothing was going "right" with the housing and I was getting so anxious about it. The other buildings were full! I kept praying for help but when I didn't get what I wanted and thought best, I just thought Heavenly Father wanted to teach me patience and how to rely on Him. Come to find out He wanted me to see He had a different and better plan. He's cool. I said in the Girl's Camp testimony meeting that He is my best friend. It's true. I love my Heavenly Father and Mother and Brother. :)

I have been drawing a lot lately. It is really cool how much drawing has become a part of my life. I'm trying to get better at drawing the human figure, not just the head. :) haha Although sometimes I just have to go back to my favorite thing to draw!! At the end of this post are some of my recent drawings.

Girls Camp was this week! It was fun, and sad in a way. Pretty much cried throughout testimony meeting like a baby, but I couldn't help it. And I have felt the spirit so strongly ever since! I am so grateful. I couldn't help thinking Jenny E should have been there, though. :( :)

So throughout Girl's Camp we had a recently returned missionary (think two weeks or so) come as our Priesthood leader. The girls were flirting with him like crazy! It was absurd. But funny. I found it quite amusing. I am just not like that. I don't really flirt. :) I more like to seduce people with my lovely awkwardness. ;D Anywho, before testimony meeting we young people (aka no leaders) were sitting at the fire. I was minding my own beeswax, drawing the mountains, when one of the new Beehives said "Wouldn't Mariah and Recently Returned Missionary make a cute couple?" Well, it passed around and not one person was being quiet. He was sitting with us too! Embarrassing! He told me not to listen to them and I said I was trying not to. It's funny looking back--oh, wait, still not too funny. Haha just kidding.

Well, that is all for today!

Love,
Mariah.

No comments:

Post a Comment