12.8.12

Never Alone

Today I said my hardest goodbye.
Could it have been nearly ten years?
Ten years ago, I went with my mom, timidly following her, as we went to meet a new girl in the ward. With treats in one hand and hope in the other I was excited and scared to see who the new person would be. I'm not sure why I was nervous, actually I wasn't nervous. I was anxious. I had been praying for a best friend with all the might a little nine year old could muster.
And my Heavenly Father granted me one. Better than any I could have ever find myself.
Me and Teyler have been sisters from the day we meet. You know those special friendships were you expect nothing but receive everything just through the support you give each other? That is the friendship we have. And it has been priceless all these years.
Tomorrow Teyler heads off for a new adventure in Washington. Tonight I got to stop by and wish her luck on her travels (though she doesn't need luck... She has so much inside of her that she is bound to go far and do the most amazing things).
This is the hardest goodbye.
-Emma
Ps Mariah. I miss seminary too.

1 comment:

  1. This is some sad stuff. :( But sisters never really truly leave each other! Your bond will carry on, no matter where either of you goes. I believe it.

    <3

    That being said, I don't think knowing that will make everything 'ok.' :(
    So, I am sorry you guys have to leave each other. :(

    I'm here for ya if you need it. <3


    ReplyDelete