19.8.12

Jane Austen Journal

I have a delightful Jane Austen journal that I had forgotten about! So when I found it this week I was excited. Before I get to my official point, in it there is a quote at the beginning of the journal.

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."
Jane Austen

I absolutely love this quote! When we write in our journals we should talk of good things! That way we can be strengthen and renewed in virtues when we go back to reading them again. I know that at church we are often reminded of the journal keeping we should be taking part in. I know that as I went through my past journals I have been reminded of past moments where I was given strength or kindness. Being reminded of this helps me to continue onward and remember what I had already learned and felt.


Now I am going to share with you just a fun little journal entry I stumbled upon. (It makes me laugh, I am not sure if others will find it as amusing as I do. But I also very much agree with it!)
Background info: I was reading the Hunger Games series at the time I wrote this.

January 4, 2011
I have been reading a lot over the last few days. I have concluded that the only serious relationships in high school should be the ones you read about, even then they are high maintenance!
-Em 

Book relationships are high maintenance and they often get me quite worked up!

Well, JOURNAL! And blog. Blogging, in my opinion, is a form of journaling! A fun one at that too.
So go write about the amazing experience you had at church, or the new changes in your town, or the funny quote that little kid said.

Thank you for letting me lecture you on journaling!
Go be a Nephi,
Emma
P.s. You will want to know about what was happening in your life right now when you are older. I know it.
Spelling: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment