15.8.12

One of the Best Days

I had one of the best days I have had for a while today. c:

Penny and I got to do some baptisms for the dead at the Logan Temple.

Logan Temple _ Dave FredericksonLogan Temple _ Joshua M. Ausborne 

It was so fun and I had such a great feeling afterwards! I am so glad she asked me to come, because it is just what I needed. Thanks, Penny! :) I can’t wait to go to the temple every week with Emma. I feel like it will provide so much strength, which I have a feeling I will really need… ;)

After our temple trip and a sweet donut, I went to drop off my tile for the temple celebration! It’s going to be part of a ‘mosaic’ much like this one:

noah's-ark

Afterwards I went to visit one of my favorite ladies in the ward. She is so sweet, and I am so going to miss seeing her! She is older (I am not going to ask her how old she is) and lives alone. Her nephew comes though and helps her. Not to mention our awesome ward people! Visiting and home teachers are such blessings. Anyway, back to our visit. It was really great. We’re not as awkward around each other anymore and I helped her with some things she usually wouldn’t have asked me to help her with. We talked for about an hour. Smile She showed me some of her old sacrament trays from the tabernacle in town here, which were basically like beautiful glass plates. It had a detachable metal handle on it too. It looked really delicate. She also had a big glass pitcher they used. She then showed me a hymn book from 1889. It was given to her from her grandmother when she left on her mission (1946). It was so cool to see these things and imagine the ones who originally owned or used them.

That’s all for today! Off to work in an hour.

Love,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment