9.7.10

Books.... For real

Dearest people,
This is what I was trying to write yesterday, when I forgot my thoughts.


Books.
I love reading books! In reply to Mariah, I most ardently loathe books that are disappointing. When I read a book I expect to get some growth and learning from it. So let me correct myself, I don't love reading any book, I love reading GOOD books, that change my life. At camp we were talking about books that we fancy. I told how I enjoyed reading "To Kill a Mocking Bird". My friend disagreed with me. So I told her she read it wrong. Everyone laughed, but I was serious. Haha. Reading requires more then taking in words to your mind. Reading is an interactive action. One should read, process, analyzes and try to get the whole story. Yet on the other hand, no one should put too much thought into it, for it can lead you to get a wrong message. My mom once told me a story. The author who wrote "The Giver" kept receiving fan mail about the ending pf the book. They believed that the end of the book signified death, or something. He would reply that he had not meant to have that connection at the end, which they had come up with. Sometimes I think people think to much for other people. Yet then again reading is also a personal task. Some people may get something totally different out of a book then another. So in all, read and ponder books until you feel you have gotten what you wanted from reading. Does any of that make sense?

Now I am not saying that my friend may not like the book. Just sometimes I wonder if she read it again, trying to get the true story from the words, then would she maybe like it as I liked it?
Well I am speaking on my soap box again!

Well, very well then, I am done!
Emma Rose

Errors: Six

No comments:

Post a Comment